Common concerns of parents:
· How can I keep up with my student’s progress in Spanish class?
Check their weekly agenda and gradespeed account as often as you can.
· How often do they have homework?
1-2 times a week. The homework may consist of written, speaking, or listening exercises.
· When are you available to help students?
Most teachers are available during mega lunch as well as afternoon. Foreign language tutoring will be available on Monday and Thursday from 4:10 – 5:30 PM.
· Is there any extra credit available?
In order to receive extra credit, students need to be caught up with daily practice assignments and projects. Extra credit is available at the teacher’s discretion as long as ALL work is completed.
1. Review the material daily for 10-15 minutes.
2. Practice the vocabulary or dialogues orally.
3. Personalize the language. Use Spanish to express information familiar to you.
4. Request extra help when needed.
5. Read and listen to news broadcasts in Spanish on TV or the internet and in Spanish newspapers and magazines.
6. Stay organized, check six weeks calendar and use time management.
7. Join a study group.
8. Check out useful tutorial websites in the Spanish resource page.