DVMS is a School
What does CATCH look like on our campus?We have a CATCH Champion.
- The CATCH Champion is the Master Coordinator of CATCH on our campus. It is the role of the CATCH Champion to lead the CATCH Team in the coordination and implementation of the CATCH Program to ensure faculty and staff are creating a healthy/healthier school environment and promoting healthy habit
Coach Shana Green We have a CATCH Team.
- The CATCH Team is a core group of volunteer faculty and staff, representing all areas of the campus who determine the steps the campus will pursue each year to help their students, “Make the healthy choice the easy choice.” Our CATCH Team includes(Insert pic of Team):
- Champion – name here
- Administrator(s) – name here
- Cafeteria Manager – name here
- Physical Education Specialist(s) – name here
- Classroom Teacher(s) – name here
- Specialized Support Specialist(s) – name here
- Parent Leader(s) – name here
- We use the CATCH Coordination Toolkit as a campus to provide simple, doable tasks that drive school wide coordination.
- We have GO/SLOW/WHOA signage in the cafeteria and around our campus.
- Our classroom teachers have declared their classrooms Healthy Zones.
- Our faculty uses Activity Breaks (short bouts of physical activity during class time) to reactivate the brain through full body movement.
- During PE we implement CATCH games and the CATCH philosophy to ensure our students are engaged in Moderate to Vigorous Physical Activity (MVPA) at least 50% of the PE class.
- Teachers incorporate the 6th, 7th, and 8th grade CATCH lessons into their subject lesson plans to promote healthy eating, adequate sleep, physical activity, and water consumption.
- We host a CATCH Family Event each academic year to encourage families to eat healthy and be active together.