Foreign Language Department Procedures
School Year 2011-2012
Students will build on their knowledge of the Spanish language and culture in a fun yet challenging environment. Students will develop language skills through listening, reading, speaking, and writing in order to better communicate with peers and others in their community.
- Be in your assigned seat with materials and working when the bell rings.
- Remain seated until dismissed by an adult.
- All food and drinks are to be consumed outside the classroom unless prior permission is given.
- Keep hands, feet, and personal belongings to yourself.
- Follow directions first time every time.
- Work during work times.
Guidelines for Success:
- Be Respectful
- Be Responsible
- Be Productive
- Be Positive
Grading Policy- Your grade will be determined from the following:
Practice - 35%
Homework - 5%
Assessment - 60%
Major Projects, Tests and Quizzes
Missing Assignment Policy:
- It is the student’s responsibility to ask the teacher for any missed work.
- Students will be given 1 day per absence to make up any assignment they missed.
- Students that do not turn in assignments within the time allotted will receive a grade of a ZERO.
- All students will be given the opportunity to retake any quiz or test that was failed for a maximum grade of 75.
MANDATORY TUTORING OF 30 MINUTES WILL BE REQUIRED FOR ANY RETAKE
- Students failing with a grade less than 70 MUST attend foreign language tutoring as assigned by teacher.
- Teacher will schedule tutoring before school, during lunch or after school.
Supplies to be purchased:
- Pen or Pencil
- Spiral Notebook